Features of IT Consultants Professional Indemnity Insurance:
1) Claims made against the Insured for legal liability arising from:
- Breach of professional duty
- Breach of a contract to design or supply deliverables such as software, hardware, firmware and other electronic equipment. (Many insurers exclude this under their general products exclusions);
- Libel or slander
- Unintentional breach of confidentiality
- Unintentional infringement of intellectual property rights. (Many insurers limit this cover to copyright only)
- Loss of or damage to digitised data and other documents
- Dishonesty of employees
- Any other civil liability
2) Virus cover should the Insured inadvertently pass on a virus to an independent third party, assuming that it has not been created by the Insured.
3) Irrecoverable Fees. Often claims can be avoided (and therefore business relationships saved) by consideration being given to waiving outstanding fees owed. Where it can be shown that the pursuit of such fees would result in a greater counter-claim then the cover allows insurers to work with the IT Consultant closely and potentially reimburse the outstanding fees.
4) Data Protection cover. This relates to the legal costs incurred to defend a criminal prosecution under the Data Protection Act.
5) The legal costs of prosecuting claims for infringement of the Insured’s intellectual property rights (sublimit £25,000 in the aggregate).
6) Defence costs (lawyers, court costs, experts etc) which are payable in addition to the Indemnity Limit.
7) Optional public liability. employers liability and office insurance.
8) Interest free instalments
9) HCC are an AA rated insurer.
Aside from professional indemnity insurance for IT Consultants we can also offer Tax and VAT Investigation insurance. This includes IR35 investigations. If you have any questions about this, please contact us we'll be happy to discuss this with you.
Get a quote
Contact us today to get a quote and secure the coverage your need to safeguard your business against potential claims and financial damage.